Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Making up for lost time!

Wow it has been awhile. I keep meaning to post, I really do, but the only time I really get to is at work, and it has been crazy the past 2 weeks. I mean, crazy.

To sum it up: we've made our first (and many since) library trip, with a wonderfully behaved and super thrilled toddler. We've been to the park, to Auburn for a swim meet with daddy (where she was wonderfully behaved and everyone commented). We've had a doggie ear infection, a trip to Memphis (where she was wonderfully behaved and only cried once when she bit her OWN finger), and Mother's Day (when said child was in Memphis, therefore mommy got to sleep sorta late and clean house, get a pedicure, and see a movie).

Today we had her 2 year check up (ok, only 3 months late, I know). She is doing great! Here are her stats:

Height: 35 1/4 inches (50th%)
Weight: 30.1 pounds (75th%)
HC: 19 1/4 inches (75th%)

So she's definitely slowed down on the weight gain, and is sliding down the scale. But she's sliding steadily, so it's ok. When she was younger she was always 99th% for everything. And now she's evening out. I definitely don't think she got the tall genes! Oh well, mommy and daddy are short too. Dr. Jamie said that she talks like a 4 year old, both in being able to understand her, and her verb tenses and pronouns and such. She was super impressed, which of course made me proud! Lacey also learned to stand on one foot, so she's been a show-off lately and Dr. Jamie acted duly impressed. She was pretty well behaved, we got a Blue's Clues book about the doctor from the library, and I played 'mommy monster' with her so she would run to Dr. Jamie to hide from me, and the doctor could check her out.

I'll have to get a picture, but if you ask her her age, she can't do her two fingers up (pointer and middle) so she uses her other hand to hold down all fingers but her ring and pinky! It's so funny! And daddy pointed out that she only goes up stairs with her right foot, and said 'watch this.' He told her to use her other foot, and boy did she struggle! It was so cute, her little left leg was so much weaker and she kept grunting. Sweet girl, she sure did persevere!

Other than that, not much going on. Swim practice for Nick, work for me... that's about it!

1 comment:

Irishembi said...

How is Ava? When is the official wedding day? Where are our new pictures of Lacey? :-) Okay I've given you enough questions to work with. LOL!