Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

How did that happen?!

5 more days. Shew! Although with the lack of 'labor symptoms' I've been having, I'm not sure if he's ever coming out. By the grace of God I'm still feeling pretty wonderful. I did hurt myself (again) on Mother's day, but pregnancy wise I'm fine.

At 39 weeks pregnant, ALWAYS listen to your husband when he tells you not to do something. Especially if that something is jumping in a pool. I just thought he was afraid I might create a tidal wave. But nope, he was afraid I'd get hurt. Me? Get hurt jumping into water? I mean, I just mowed the grass Friday and moved some furniture! But, he was absolutely right. So I'm limping around again, halfway hoping the baby decides to wait until next week to come out, because if he decides to come in the next few days then I need and epidural like, 2 days ago!

I think Lacey is getting bored waiting, but she sure is enjoying playing with the baby's stuff. She loves to get in his crib, lay on his changing table and have her pretend poopy diapers changed, etc. She is especially loving being able to put her dolls in the swing and bouncer! I think she's getting a tad jealous of all the presents that we've been getting for the baby. But we've been letting her open everything and ooh and aah over it, so I think it's helped. Plus, she knows that when baby brother gets here she has a present that is ALL HER OWN and it's hiding out of reach in baby's closet. She likes to go in there and look at the bag and try to guess what it is!

Mother's day was very nice this year. I don't need anything so I was happy not to get a present. I just wanted to be taken care of! Nick got up and made chocolate chip strawberry pancakes, which were great. Then we lazed around and he decided to take us to the pool so I could lay out for maybe the last time in a while! At which point I hurt myself. Then we went to his parents to eat dinner, and enjoyed their company. And then home to cuddle, paint my nails, and relax! It was SO nice. Lacey drew me a picture of a dinosaur (her favorite) and wrote her name, and it was the best present! And she was able to keep it a secret all week, which was a huge surprise and she was so proud of herself!

So now we continue on daily life until the new little one comes and changes it all up! I did get day shift which I am SUPER excited about. I mean, it's about time, I've only been looking for almost 2 years now! If baby doesn't come by this weekend then I think we're going to try and go out with some friends Sat night (gosh, it's been FOREVER) to eat Mexican. And hopefully just relax with Lacey, if it's nice go to the pool, and hopefully he will cut the grass! :o)

No comments: