I can't believe Davis is already 8 weeks old. I'm not sure why I'm surprised, since time has absolutely flown by with Lacey. I mean, she's 3 and a HALF! She only has 2 more years until she starts school. She's actually starting preschool this fall, and Nick is SO not happy about it! Even though she will only be going for 4 hours 2 days a week, he says he isn't ready for her to go to school. But I think when summer swim team is over and he has both kids all day, it will be a nice break!
Lacey has decided she wants to be a doctor, painter, princess, and mechanic when she grows up. Don't ask me why a mechanic, but she says she wants to fix people and cars! And the other day she told my friend Candace (who keeps her while Nick is at work) that she wants to be a doctor so that " I can go to work with my mommy and see what she does, and so I can keep her company and she won't be lonely and I won't be lonely." What a sweet little princess!
And she's still in love with her brother. He smiles and coos now and it totally makes her day (and ours too). Whenever he wakes up she jumps up and down and shouts 'Davis is awake!' I'll get back to you when he starts getting into her toys and we'll see if she still feels the same! She has her moments of jealousy, usually when I'm nursing him. She'll say 'Mommy, daddy can hold Davis for a minute so I can sit in your lap.' To which I have to reply 'Honey, after Davis finishes eating. Because daddy can't nurse him.' It usually suffices, except for a couple of times where she reminds me that daddy DOES have 'nickles' too. Unfortunately, his don't make milk or I'd follow her lead and let daddy do it sometimes!
More pictures coming whenever I can get the chance to get downstairs! I started back to work (7-3 now) 2 weeks ago, so not much time when I get home! It's funny how my laundry has tripled... but not because of the baby! He never spits up so really, he could wear the same thing for 2 days! But now that Nick has 2 different teams with about 6 different practices a day, he goes through SO many outfits!! Argh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
yay for an update! maybe you will inspire me! so funny about nicks nickels! i know the feeling, but luckily carson is pretty understanding as well. it would be nice if daddys could have a turn with it, but i wouldn't trade the bonding for ANYTHING!so excited lacey will be in school this fall! she will love it! carson is going three days this fall and he would probably prefer 4, but i just can't stand to do that yet! NEXT year tho! wow! where did you sign her up?
Post a Comment