Happy 3 months Davis! I can't believe he's already 3 months old. Time sure has flown!
I got to go to the beach this weekend, sans family. It was weird and fun at the same time. A nice vacation, but I missed them like crazy! Nick called Friday night to check on me and said 'It's so weird not having a break!' And of course I said 'Um YEAH I know!' He did such a good job with them this weekend, it's nice to know if I need to go somewhere I can, even though Davis is still so little! Nick missed me like crazy and it's really nice! It's definitely different becuase usually he is the one out of town with swim meets. It was a kind of bittersweet return, because Davis looked SO MUCH BIGGER (he's hit his 3 month growth spurt) and it made me sad. But it was also good, because he doesn't just want mommy all the time. I'm so used to having them (Davis and Lacey) depend on me that it's nice yet kinda sad, I feel a little useless! But I'm really glad that Nick's relationship with both of them is great, and they can turn to him for comfort and bedtime as well! It's so cute to watch Davis light up when he hears daddy's voice!
Unfortunately practice starts back for Nick next week, so no more afternoon workout sessions. I'm not sure what we're going to do, because the kids can only be in the gym childcare for 2 hours total for the day, and he works out for like an hour and a half! I guess we are going to have to go to the two different gyms, although I feel terrible about putting them in childcare that long even though they seem to love it. So we'll see. I need to workout at home, but there's just something about sweating in my own house that seems sorta taboo! And, there's so many distractions (*workout video going strong* *oh my, look at the dust* *adhd kicks in and I'm dusting while video finishes playing* = no workout ). So we'll see!
Nick's sister gets married in 2 weeks, so we'll be going to Auburn for that weekend. She is having a tailgate reception, so that should be fun! Hopefully everything will go smoothly (and my mom will be able to come watch Davis during the wedding) and we'll have fun! I'm SO looking forward to football season so I can dress the kids up in their Auburn gear and watch Lacey shake her pom pom and say 'Warrrrrrr Eagle, HEY!' It brings a tear to my eye! Hope Davis likes football!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment