A few more months have passed since I last updated, as well as the whole summer! We had a great summer this year. Lots of playtime at the park, in the backyard, and at home. It was busy as Nick's coaching amps up during the summer, but everything went fairly smoothly.
We went on our beach trip that we won on Rick and Bubba recently. We went to the Caribe and had a BLAST. They had awesome pools and water slides, which made up for the day we couldn't really hit the beach because of the jellyfish! Nick, me, and Lacey all got stung. Lacey was such a trooper, she never cried just kept saying 'Wow, that stings.' Davis loved the sand and the water. As is typical for him, he's pretty much happy doing anything as long as we are outside. My dad came with us to help out with the kids, and that was such a blessing. I think he had a great time, and we sure tired him out! Nick and I got to go to dinner one night alone, and by about 8:30 we were ready to get home and go to bed. We all went out to dinner the next night, which with Davis was for sure interesting!
Lacey started preschool last week. She is going to a new preschool, Mountain Brook Community Church, and so far seems to be loving it. We love our teacher and the director (who we already knew from the last preschool). She's really hoping to learn to read this year. She also starts dance tonight at Corky Bell, and I've never seen her so excited! I can't wait to watch her dance, she's already such a beautiful dancer it will be great to see her with some instruction.
Davis is the epitome of a boy. He rolls dolls on the floor like cars making the 'vroom vroom' sound. He roars like a dinosaur, and loves to scare you by hiding behind things and 'jumping' out roaring. He is SO sweet and is such a mama's boy. He is still nursing, and hopefully he will quit before kindergarten! :) He loves water, cars, dinosaurs, and animals. He loves dogs and most of the time is very gentle with them! He also loves babies, I'm pretty sure he isn't aware they are small humans. He likes to carry sissy's doll around in her carrier. He is beginning to talk a lot, and is very smart like Lacey. He loves to tell you when the toilet paper is 'all gone' (usually after he's unrolled it). He runs around the house calling Lacey's name, and occasionally calls her sissy. He of course has mama and dada down. He says puppy and Bent Bent (for Bentley), says all done/gone, thank you, chicken, i love you, nurse please, and many others. He pretty much tries to repeat everything you say. He is obsessed with singing. He hums and sings all day long! He can do the beginning of the ABC song, and also sings 'rain rain go away'. It's so sweet listening to him and Lacey sing.
I started a new job, working for a Dr.'s office and pretty much loving it. The hours are great, the staff is great, and the pay is great. Not much to complain about!
We are planning a surprise anniversary party for Nick's parents this weekend. It's their 30th and we have lots of family coming down to help celebrate. I'm very excited, me and my SIL are planning it. We are pretty much ready for it. I'm making the food, BBQ chicken and pork, this afternoon and then we'll be ready! I can't wait, I think my in laws will be very surprised and happy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment