I know we all have those moments where we say 'Awww man! I wish I had that on video!'
Today we had one of those days. Nick and I had just finished cooking breakfast. I was carrying my plate and water into the living room while he layed on the ground in the dining room messing with me and Lacey as we walked by. He grabbed my ankle and said "Woman, gimme my water." I told him to wait until I got our plates into the living room and I would. I sat the water down on the coffee table and went back to get the other plate. Lacey stayed there. I walked back out of the kitchen and he grabbed my ankle again, with the same (silly) demand. Lacey walks over, holding this HUMONGOUS Taco Bell cup of ice water, and pours it on his face saying "HERE DADDY!!!!" She was OH so proud of herself for succeeding where mommy could not (in bringing him the water, and pouring it on his face. I'm not that brave). We laughed for like 30 minutes (and still are laughing). She of course thought she was hilarious because we were laughing and sat there saying "Lacey pour water on daddy!" Over and over. I called from work this evening and I could here her in the background saying 'Wanna talk to mommy.' She got on the phone and I asked her what she was doing and she said 'Playing daddy. Lacey pour water on daddy!' I laughed and said yes, indeed you did.
So even though she might resemble him... she sides with me.
We also took her swimming today in the 'bubble (pool with bubble over it)' where Nick works. She had a blast, but I froze (pretty cold inside, unlike the YMCA bubble). She was shivering and shaking, her hands were freezing, and her knees were blue, and she still screamed bloody murder when I removed her from the pool. I said "Lacey, do you want to turn into an icecicle?" And she cried 'Yesssss.' And I said 'No Lacey, we need to go take a warm shower before you freeze to death.' And she replied 'No, LACEY freeze.' (As in, if I tell her I need to do something, she says no, Lacey do it!) Survival of the fittest sounds applicable in this situation.
And then she ran around the locker room screaming 'Nakey baby' and climbing into lockers and popping out and 'scaring' me. Silly, silly girl.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
I wonder if I could teach Meredith to do that? LOL! Sometimes don't you wish we just had continuous video going on our little ones?
Post a Comment