On the car note, the shop lied, when we took it to get another estimate they saw nothing that has to be fixed now, just one thing cosmetic, and it's fine. PHEW I swear God must have fixed that car over night because when they put it up on the rack not once, but 2 times, it was gone! Praise Him!
I started my new job on Monday, along with my best friend Mel! The first 2 days I absolutely hated. When I left on Tuesday I was almost in tears wanting to go back to my old job, my old friends. I missed Lacey a TON working during the day. You parents that do work days, are much stronger than me. I can't handle it. I hate not being with her, and not being able to really go outside during daylight. But yesterday was better. I was hoping it would get better once I learned more and felt more comfortable, and it did. Plus, yesterday and today I liked the nurses better. This morning I was on my own because the morning secretary is on vacation until Tuesday. I felt good being by myself and not having someone watch over my shoulder (although the other secretaries are great). I did well and didn't make any life threatening mistakes (just ordered a test on the wrong person, but fixed it before it was done!). We have this doctor that everyone told me to stay away from, that he would get you fired in a heartbeat. For example, something didn't get done on a night shift for one of his patients (not sure when this happened). The day shift nurse came in and he came in right after she got done taking her reports on her patients. He started yelling at her about it, and all she said was I'm so sorry, I wasn't here last night but I will take care of it now. He cussed her out, and she was gone the next day. So I'm trying to stay out of his way, but of course it was his patient I ordered the wrong test on! OOPS! At least I know I have a job to go back to if I ever get fired! LOL
But today was good, it was just me and Robin, the other secretary, and it was actually sorta fun. I miss all the patient interaction from the ER though, the fun crazyness, and the fun people. It's a lot more boring upstairs, and the nurses aren't as nuts (which is a bummer). But hey, I wanted something slower paced, and I got it. We'll see how it goes. I know I'll get the hang of it, but I still would rather be back at my old job. The grass is always greener! I remember that I couldn't wait to start my new job (I think because it is more hours so I need the money mostly) and that it would be slower. Oh well, I'm glad I got it because I do need the money, and it is MUCH closer to home! I think the best thing about my new job is flexibility. The nurses on 3-11p have been wtihout a secretary for so long, if I call in it's not that big of a problem (not that I will). One of our secretaries (who works 6a-2p) is gone from today until Tues. No one has to work for him, the morning shift (before I get there at 7) just does their own! Just like night shift, they do their own stuff. They are pretty self sufficient and told me that seriously, if I will just answer the phone and call light, they will be so happy. So the holiday issues I was worried about (since I work till 11p on Friday nights, it's not like I can leave to go out of town on Fridays) is sorta a non issue bc I can just call in or work during the day. My boss was right when she said they are super flexible! Yayyyyy.
I think Lacey has had night terrors the past 2 nights. She has woken up screaming, and acts posessed for about an hour. It really is scary. She hasn't napped either day, so we're thinking that may be it. She just fell asleep, so even though at 5 I was supposed to go to my personal trainer, I canceled! I don't want to wake her.
Yesterday she cracked me UP! She was lifting the dog's tail and trying to insert my CAR KEYS into his butt! I said "Lacey, NOOOO!" And she looked at me, grinned, and said "Wanna drive Bent Bent! VROOOOM." I went in the other room to roll around on the floor and laugh my head off!!!!
And today I got a call from Nick at work telling me that she had gotten a pea stuck up her nose! He said during lunch she said 'Daddy, carrot up Lacey's nose.' He looked and saw nothing. Then a little bit later she said 'Daddy, pea up Lacey's nose.' He looked and sure enough, it was! They tried blowing it out but it was too far. So he got the tweezers and she let him get it out! He said he felt a little like he was playing that game Operation! LOL I'm thinking that she tried to put a carrot up there, and it fell out, so she put the pea in there for daddy to retrieve.
She really is my crazy, mixed up, wonderful daughter. I stuck a Trix up my nose when I was little. The only reason my mom found it was because I threw my head back to laugh and she saw a glint of blue. I had to go to the pediatrician to get it out! And I hadn't had Trix in 3 DAYS! Which means it was in there awhile! I love my crazy baby.
Now that I'm working like a normal human being (weekly) I get off this weekend! Yay I can finally say 'TGIF!" For the longest time it's been Thank God it's Sunday! Because I worked Monday to Sunday.
This weekend we are going to the state cross country meet. We figured Lacey would love running around in the open space and seeing other people run. I think she'll have fun. Then we're going to see my grandmother, who is home from the hospital and doing wonderfully! After that we're going to run up to my old hospital since it's close to my grandparents house, and see my friends!!! I can't wait, I've missed them so much this week! I love them.
Last Saturday my sister watched Lacey and Nick and I went and saw Zach and Miri make a Porno! It was hilarious, if totally un-PC. I laughed the whole time! I think I embarassed Nick, but whatever!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment