Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, June 15, 2009

New house!!!

Nick and I found a house we wanted to rent last week. Now, I have been looking for more than a year, and just now have found the right one at the right time (well, close to it, we have a couple more months on our apartment). So I told Nick, we went to look at it on Friday, and fell in love!

First off, one of the best things about it is the couple renting it out is a super sweet, Christian couple. The house is in the school systems we want (assuming we love it and live there that long, which hopefully we will). It is a 3 bedroom, 1 1/2 bath. Newly refinished hardwood floors throughout, brand new tile in the kitchen (those big square pretty tiles), brand new refrigerator, huge finished basement with built in bookcases, a workshop, and tons of storage space (as in, one of the closets downstairs would make a decent sized bedroom), and a garage.

It also has a huge fenced in backyard, with a back patio pad and another concrete pad up near the back fence (great for a little basketball goal, or riding a little bike). The bathrooms are adorable, it has that old hexagonal tile on the floors and walls, I love antique looking bathrooms. Lacey fell in love with the first room on the left, so I guess that will be hers. The half bath is off the next room on the left, but I think we will be using the room on the right as our master, and the one on the left as the guest/office, since the big closet is also in the guest room, there's not a lot of wall space for our furniture. We can sacrifice the bathroom for some more space in the other room. The best thing is the finished basement, since now we can have a sorta formal living room upstairs, and a rec room/playroom downstairs. It will no longer look like ToysRUs exploded in our living room. I am banishing toys to the downstairs. And I am thrilled!

So anyways, we put in the application yesterday, and the lady called me about 1:00pm today and said that we got the house! So we are moving either the first weekend in July, or the second. I'm a little bummed because I was going to use my stepdad's friends to help move (basically provide the beer, and all I have to do is point where things go) but they are electricians, working on a middle school. To get it done by August they are all being required to work 10 hour days 7 days a week. Noooo! I moved everything by myself to this apartment, and have refused to do it again. Hopefully Nick's friends will be in town, I'll promise free beer!

I can't believe it's already the 15th of June... we better get to packing!

No comments: