Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, March 8, 2010

Too smart for her own good!

This weekend was beautiful (finally)! Saturday we got to hit the park with daddy and play for about an hour! Then we went to Nick's parents to help with some yardwork, and out to dinner at Mexicalli. Mommy has been craving cheese dip since the very beginning of this pregnancy... and finally gave in!

Sunday we got to play outside most of the day. Lacey really didn't want to come in at all, so when we came in to make lunch we left the screen door cracked so she could run in and out! We got to sit out back on the patio and relax in the sun, watching the dogs run around and play fight, and Lacey singing to us from her slide. We 'fixed' her new bike (lowered the training wheels) so she could ride it. She jumped on, rode back to us, and promptly said 'Daddy, can you take my stabilizers off so I can ride like a big girl?' STABILIZERS?! What ever happened to training wheels?! She is way too smart for her own good! I like when she doesn't know what something is called, she calls it by what it does! So smart!

Hopefully this summer we can get her enrolled in a couple of days of preschool. I know she would LOVE it, it's just hard to do it when I work evenings. Even just 2 days a week, would basically be 2 days where I don't see her at ALL. And I just am not willing to do that yet. So when I'm on maternity leave with this new munchkin, it's preschool time! It will be nice, because she won't be stuck inside with sleepy mommy and a newborn, and I'll get 2 days of just me and the baby (if he's anything like his sister, it won't be restful!). I think she's really going to enjoy it. And hopefully if I can get day shift soon, we can keep it continued throughout the year! Obviously if she loves it, even if I don't get days, we'll keep her in it. So we'll see!

Daddy's home again this weekend, so hopefully it will be another nice one! We need to finish some major spring cleaning before this baby comes! Luckily we finally got his dresser so I can start sorting and putting away clothes. I can't WAIT until the big consignment comes (end of March!) so I can finally get the rest of the stuff we need. Nothing big, I'm just ready to be done buying!

Dear Lord, please let us continue to have this wonderful weather and perfect health! No more winter! We're ready for spring, warm weather, and new babies to come!

No comments: