So I am new to the whole blogging experience, although I read quite a few from time to time. Thanks to my best friend for kicking me into gear with it, I've wanted to start one for quite awhile but just haven't done it!
Lacey is at the pool with her daddy this morning so I can get some sleep. Yes, being on the internet counts as sleep apparently. I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to get online, since my little keyboard pounder is away. She hates it when I get on the computer. I really need to find an old one she can just tear away at. The only way I can get on is by turning on my camera and putting a video of her on. She will stand at the edge of the bed to watch the 'baby' for at least 30 minutes if I let her. And then she gets mad when it's over! So easy to please, and so vain.
Our new phase is waking up randomly and screaming for no reason until sleepyhead mommy comes to get her. I think I'm starting a really bad habit, but come on. 2 hours of screaming makes for some REALLY unhappy neighbors. New people moved in upstairs and all they do is stomp stomp stomp and complain. Urghh. Our old people never said a word about her crying, I thought they just didn't hear it. But apparently not. I really think I got a knock on my door last night, but I was too busy burying my head under the pillow to really notice. Last night's wake up was about 12:30am, and I finally brought her to sleep with me around 2:30pm. And the little stinker passed out immediately on my chest. The night before it was around 4, but she wasn't so content to fall asleep when I picked her up. She kept trying to kick me out of the bed, ungrateful little thing! I was so mad.
So needless to say come this morning I was exhausted. It's my off week (I work 7 on 7 off) and usually by about Tuesday I'm pretty recouperated and not too tired. But it's Thursday and I"m still exhausted and can hardly get up. She also has started taking either 2 naps or one long 4 hour nap (which is nice) and I pass out with her. It's crazy.
We had our first sentences the other day. 'I dropped it,' 'I got it,' and 'I wuv ou.' It was so cute! She says I wuv ou and will give me a big kiss. Finally! She better love me after all of my night duty lately.
Current favorite words: I wuv ou, outside(out tide), swimming(wimmin), rain, shoes(sooes), blueberries (bbbbb ba). She says pretty much anything you say but those are the ones we hear a LOT. Blueberries is funny because she says the first part like you are making a car noise (with a b) and follows it with ba. Weird.
10 teeth fully in, one bottom molar almost in, and the next one on it's way. I think we are also working on canines.
Yesterday she was playing outside in the baby pool and squatted and took a big poop on the sidewalk. She was so proud of herself and I couldn't stop snorting as I laughed. It was hilarious how happy she was. Oh how we love poop at our house. She loves to watch things go down the toilet, and always waves bye bye poo poo or pee pee. Gross, but hey she's learning.
Her new favorite thing to play with is money (moneeeeeee). She loves it. Dollars and cents. She will sit all day putting coins in a bank and dumping them out, sorting them into different containers, etc. Poor baby hardly has anything to play with at my house, I'm so broke. But nonnie and papa have TONS of change. She is in Scrooge heaven.
She also has 2 white mice (mouuuussss) that she loves. Except last night I think they woke her up, so they will be moving to my room for the time being. She loves to watch them on the wheel, and loves to pet them when I take them out. She will go 'nice mouuusss' and then poke him in the back. And mommy says 'be gentle' and she repeats 'gennnlll' and pokes him again. You get the picture. Surprisingly the mice don't bite her, and she's gotten better at being nice. She's pretty good about petting the dogs now. Except she wants to feed them their food, then take it back out and repeat the process. Bentley (our dog) is okay with it, but Nick's parents dog bit her yesterday (she went in there quickly and messed with Cady, we were watching her I promise! LOL) on the hand. She screamed 'NO cady' and hit her (good girl). And came and showed us her ouchie. Poor baby, I'm glad it didn't break the skin. I don't like that dog anyways.
I think that's all for today. My grandmother is having back surgery today (bone graft and 2 rods put in) because she has 3 collapsed vertebrae and one fractured. I'm really worried but am trusting God to bring her through. Pray for her to make it through, get out of ICU soon, and recover quickly. I want her to be able to enjoy her great grandkids for the rest of her life instead of being in pain and not being able to hold them. So prayers for her, I should find out how it goes in a few hours!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Welcome to the world of blogging :)
Sounds like your little one is a chatter box! That's wonderful. No talking here yet. Just animal noises :)
OMG I am going through the same thing with Jaxon, waking at all hours of the nights! He would fall asleep on my chest but cry in his cot. Seriously, your CIO wont last long. It took about 4 days for Jaxon to get the picture and now his CIO lasts for very few minutes. Keep with it!
Post a Comment