Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, June 27, 2008

Grandmommy updates

I got to go see my grandmother today (sans Lacey). I dropped Lacey off at the pool daycare and then Nick took her swimming while I went to the hospital. I wish she had the surgery at the hospital I work at just so I could see her everyday next week, but then I'm glad she had it where she did cause they are great.

I saw her about 10:45 this morning. She was still on the ventilator and really puffy from fluids. I've seen dead people and this was still the hardest thing I've seen. I guess cause it was family. It was hard for me to breathe! It was crazy. But she was nodding and shaking her head, so that was good. She nodded that she wasn't in pain, but the ventilator was bugging her badly. They were weaning her off slowly. So we left and let her get back to sleep, and went to eat lunch with my sister down the street. Then back to the hospital to see her around 1:30 in the afternoon. She was off the vent! Yay! Still puffy but sitting up more, off the ventilator and trying to talk. She was really raspy and was having a hard time breathing (very wheezy) but that's pretty much to be expected. She's old and the vent really aggravated her throat. My mom had a hard time with that, but I was just glad she was breathing on her own. The first question she asked was how my grandfather was doing (who is doing just fine, I might add). We had her smiling when we left, so that was great. I'm sure she's regretting the surgery, but hopefully in a few months time she'll be glad she had it.

Lacey had a good day with daddy swimming! He said she can now kick her feet enough to propel herself and seemed to understand that that's what they were for. Hopefully she'll do it for me on Sunday. Nick's grandparents are in town and are amazed at how Lacey has grown up in the short time they've been away from her.

I went through my stuff at my mom's house from when I was little and brought over some dolls, a doll bed, and a doll stroller and she went nuts. She pushed the stroller around for a few hours, put the dolls in and out of the bed and covered them up over and over, and was just generally content. It was nice and kinda weird seeing her act like a little girl with her dollies. She kept getting in the stroller (she won't ride in hers so it was funny) and wanting to 'ride' around. Silly girl!

Luckily she went to bed easily (no nap today and lots of excitement) so hopefully she'll sleep all night. Nick has a meet and I'm going kayaking, so his parents and grandparents get to have her tomorrow. They are going to a birthday party at 1 so that should be fun!

When I get my computer up and running again I can add more pictures and movie clips, so bear with me!

1 comment:

Irishembi said...

AHHHHH! Our babies are acting like little girls. They're getting big too fast!

Glad to hear your Grandma is recovering well!