Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, October 24, 2008

The other shoe

So, like I said, there was another shoe. And it dropped this evening!

Nick had his car in the shop getting the tire fixed. We thought all was well until we went to pick it up and they said to bring it back tomorrow, it needs a bit more work. I get to work and get this text message that says 'bad news'. So I immediately call to find out what happened. Apparently when he ran off the road, it did a bunch more damage to the underside of the car that we couldn't see. As in, fuel lines jammed up into the engine, and power steering messed up and leaking fluid and needing to be fixed, and a pin for the axle messed up. Since it's a '98 Jeep, to fix all that would be more than it's worth, so in technical terms, it's totaled. Crap.

Like he (or I) have the money to buy a new car? Even though I wouldn't be directly buying it, that's still less money he can afford to give me for awhile. I feel so bad. I hate it that his dad kept putting so much money into it with maintanence (seriously, he's probably spent like 2,000 dollars more than the car is even worth fixing things the past two years.) I kept telling his dad that it would probably be cheaper now and in the long run to just buy him a good used car, like a Honda or something. But no, he had to keep throwing money away. They have terrible luck with cars. And now this happens, and instead of having that money to put to a new car, there's nothing.

Hopefully he'll have a new car by Monday, and hopefully his parents will help him out. Because the Lord knows we can't afford this at ALL right now. I have no savings account anymore! Ahhh!

Anyways... in other news, we had the epitomy of a terrible two year old today to boot. Hopefully she'll be better tomorrow, we get to go visit my grandmother and she gets to play with my niece and my mom tomorrow night!

Here's to hoping our bad luck doesn't have 4 feet...

1 comment:

The Gentry's said...

hey sorry to hear about this as well! been thinking about yal and let me know if i can do anything for yal.
love u