Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Salvation

My favorite thing that Lacey does for now is: If you ask her what Jesus brings, she yells out 'sallll bation!!!' And expects you to laugh. Ask her what Santa brings, and she yells out 'preeeesents!'

I have been given an award by my friend Dani at We Are Outnumbered (thanks Dani!)
The recipient of this award to list 10 honest things about themselves -- make it interesting, even if you have to dig deep. Pay attention because at the end of my 10 things, I'll be awarding the "Honest Scrap" award to seven lucky friends.(Sorry if you've gotten it already, I haven't added new blogs to my friend list)

1) I hate working. I'm sure that not everyone loves their jobs and would rather stay home with their kids... but I hate hate it. I would love to be able to work like 2 days a week to get out of the house, but be home with Lacey the rest of the time. I hate it so much that I try all the time to find something I could do either from home, or bring Lacey with me. Like, obsessively.

2)Like another one of my friends, during the winter I only shave my legs when I have to. Now that I'm with Nick, it's a lot more than I used to. I wear pants to the gym even though I'm super hot because I don't feel like shaving.

3)During the winter I HATE showering. I hate washing my hair the most. I hate being cold when I get out, and I dread showering because of that. Don't get me wrong, I love to be clean, I just hate showering. I also dry my hair a lot less often in the winter because I hate when it's staticky. (This post is turning out to be a hating post!)

4) I'm obsessed with Oreos. I can't buy them. I found Nick's secret hiding place for his and I have to have a ton of self control to only eat one at a time. If he were to find out I knew, he'd find a new hiding place. After I had Lacey I was so high on blood pressure medicine I ate an entire package, and then forgot, and blamed it on Nick's friend Keith. Oops! I don't like double stuffed though.

5)I want another baby. As in, right now. I have secretly thought about getting my IUD taken out. But of course, when I am not being completely irrational, I know it's a dumb idea and I'd never do it to Nick or myself. But if I we were ready enough, I would want one. One of us has to get done with school. But, if she turns 4 and we aren't done, I am insisting. I want to try when she's 3. My sisters are 2 years younger, I don't want mine any further than 4 or 5. I want them to be closer when they are older. But the baby fever is definitely bad. Although, I'd be completely happy if the baby could come out at like say, a year old? I love Lacey to death, but she was NOT a happy baby.

6)I have talked 2 of my sisters out of getting married. Now, I firmly believe that if someone is able to talk you out of getting married, you obviously shouldn't be getting married. My justification is that I love them enough to say something. If I didn't care about them and their well being, I would let them go on their merry little way. As it is, I don't want to be a bridesmaid in someones wedding, where I don't support the marriage. For me to do that, you have to know how I feel about the whole affair first. I wasn't coercing or anything, just stated how I felt, and let them make up their own minds. One sister called her wedding off 2 days before it (after Nick, my dad, and I talked to her). They got married like 7 months later, and here they are not even a year after they got married, and she wants a divorce. My sisters are only 19, and now she decides there are so many people out there and it would be nice to see what there was. Well DUH that's what we told you in the first place. (I know you have to make your own mistakes). Well, now my other sister, whose wedding was supposed to be in May, has decided to postpone. They know that Nick and I (and my mom and dad) are right, they are just too flattered to postpone or say no, and too scared of losing that person to cancel. If your fiance loves you enough, they will wait on you. And, I firmly believe that since NO ONE could talk me out of marrying Nick, not no way or no how, that it is the right thing.

7)I don't have a lot of good friends. I have always had a lot of aquaintances, and am very easy to get along with (I think) but have never had more than a couple close friends. And that's the way I like it. I can be sort of a loner (which my best friend Mel understands) and I love a friend who is there when you need them, but understands when you don't. It's hard for me to find close friends like that. If you get your feelings hurt if I don't call for a few days, or a week, then you aren't the best friend for me. I can't handle having to make someone else happy (although I try to and love to). You have to be happy on your own, and then if I can share in that, then lets go!

8)I like to drive around and think. I always have a lot on my mind, and if you ask me, I'm sure to tell. But I love to just think. If Lacey falls asleep in the car and we have no timetable, I will just drive. She gets a good nap, and I get some stress relief. Sometimes when I'm late getting home from work (and Nick calls) it's because I'm driving. I like to go through neighborhoods and look at houses, or drive through strip malls that I pass too fast to see what stores are there. I daydream too much sometimes. If you tell me something, make sure I'm paying attention, because I probably won't listen. I got really mad when the gas went up because I shouldn't be driving around, but I did sometimes anyways.

9)I never got caught lying to my parents when I was in high school. Not once. I really wasn't that bad of a kid, didn't party or anything. We would drink smirnoff ice in my best friend's basement when we had the track team girls over, but not too bad. Smoke a little pot (eeek!). LOL I snuck out a few times, but I NEVER got caught. It's funny, because I can't lie. I'm so bad at it, but was so good at it to my parents.

10)Hmmm number 10. I'm at work so I'm a little braindead. This one is silly... but I love to hold Lacey when she's asleep. I will hold her for hours if she falls asleep on me (still!). I love to sleep with her, even though I'm really uncomfortable. When she was sick when she was little, I slept with her twice in her CRIB. Sometimes I like to make pallets for us in the floor in the living room and we camp out, just because I like to sleep with her. She is getting a sleeping bag for her birthday and I'm super excited because we really can camp out on the floor. I also sometimes laugh when she cries. Especially if it's because she is frustrated. It is just so much emotion on such a tiny person that it's hilarious. I have to pretend like I'm not laughing because I don't want her to get a complex, but sometimes it is so funny. And she's so dramatic, especially in time out, that we always chuckle to each other when we put her there because of the huge fits she throws. And she will follow us room to room with her fits. She will stop crying and follow us, and if we look at her she will throw herself back on the floor screaming again.

I don't really have 7 blogger friends to give this to right now, but will post again later! I think MB tagged all of mine, but I will check... time to leave work!

Mel- you better do this!

1 comment:

Irishembi said...

HAHAHA! I stole everyone's tags!

Luckily I can reassure you that after a few years of marriage, you'll go back to not shaving your legs in the winter very often.

Neither of you will care. :-)