Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The Rocious Beast

Munchkin's new favorite show is, and I quote, "Maggie anda Rocious Beeeeeast!!!" I'll have to get a video of her saying it soon, it makes me laugh everytime. Nick turned the TV to football today during it and you would have thought he had killed her dog. She screamed and then looked at him with her 'mean' face, and said 'Daddy, you hurt my feelings.' He said 'Why?' She said 'You turn off my maggie and rocious beast.' So he turned it back, all the while we were holding in our giggles.

That is her other favorite thing. If we do something she doesn't like, we get the pouty face 'mean' look, and her saying either 'You hurt my feelings' or 'You made me sad.' Hey, at least she will verbalize her feelings right? It makes me want to laugh, but wouldn't want to give her a complex, so I don't. Usually it's for the usual stuff that I do, like not giving her marshmallows for breakfast, or telling her she can't sit outside on the porch swing in her diaper when it's 30 degrees. You know, the horrible stuff parents do to their kids.

This past weekend was so much fun, because it was her 2nd birthday! And, as I'm sure most parents of 2 year olds feel, we were not so much celebrating her turning 2, as we were celebrating us surviving for the past 2 years. I can't say it's with all of our mental faculties intact, but hey, we are still here aren't we! Nick's best friend came into town Friday, and Lacey loves him. Uncle Keif!!!! See, Uncle Keif lets her get away with all kinds of stuff she normally wouldn't get away with, and then he gets to leave 2 days later, while we have to deal with what's left behind. Case in point: Saturday morning she woke up and came into our room, asking us for breakfast. I groggily told her to go ask Uncle Keif for something. A few minutes later he opens the door, holding a bag of marshmallows, asking me if it's okay if she has them for breakfast. Sure, whatever, just let me go back to sleep. About 30 minutes later I wake up and realize that I sorta okayed the marshmallows... and lo and behold our child is eating cheerios with marshmallows. He said it was because it was her birthday. At least he added the cheerios. And a bit of milk. Before I got worked up, Nick reminded me that Lucky Charms, too, have small marshmallows. Okay.

But now, 5 days later, when you ask her what she wants for breakfast you get 'Ummm, Marshmallows, cheerios, and peas.' Sure sweetie, whatever you want. And when I say no, she gives me her mean face and says 'It's my birthday.' Someone neglected to tell our 2 year old that *gasp* it's not her birthday everyday. Luckily, she's a little too young to grasp the concept, so I have to tell her every single day that it's not her birthday, crushing her little soul.

But her party was really fun. We had hamburgers and hot dogs, and she actually ate her cake this year! And, she took a nap beforehand so she wasn't completely a monster like last year! (Love you Lacey!) She loved opening the presents, she got so many wonderful things that I will probably neglect to send thank you cards for (THANK YOU!!!!!! You know we appreciate everything!). We were just happy she didn't get too many toys.

We've just been hanging out this week, not doing too much. Nick started doing MMA (mixed martial arts) because a friend of his owns a gym. You know, like the UFC stuff on tv. He loves it, and it doesn't interfere with family time, so I'm all about it. Plus, he has a fight in like April where even if you lose, you win money. He practices at the gym for cheap (and has a coach), and they pay the entry fees (and take a small percentage of winnings) so who am I to look a gift horse in the mouth. I just told him to be the one that wins and doesn't get beat up... so we'll see. He's very good, so hopefully he can't get his face messed up too badly before the wedding. I just told him to cut back on spending, since he has a new hobby and I haven't had my hair dyed at a salon in like 3 years, that I wanted to get my hair done before our engagement pictures and then I don't need a hobby!

I am SO ready to go home from work! Notice I usually post from work. About once a week. It's usually super busy, and then we will get one night that is really slow, so it's nice. And, Nick (and lacey) hardly let me on the computer at home. If I do get on while Lacey's awake, I have a child whining at my knees because she wants to get on my lap and play the 'piano.' So I have to get off before she destroys everything. And when I get home from work, if Nick isn't on the computer or playing his xbox online, he gets annoyed at the typing and I have to get off. Or he just bugs me for 30 minutes about what I'm doing and how much longer before I come to bed that I get exasperated and get off. Really, what do I have to do to get some computer time?! He's as bad as Lacey about badgering me!

No comments: