Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 11, 2010

3 years old!

Time has for sure flown by! Our baby girl turned 3 on Feb 1st! It seems so old, like we are more than halfway to *gasp* school! We had a nice little family party for her, going to her favorite place (Cracker Barrel) to eat and then back to our house for gifts, cake, and ice cream. She has been the biggest joy in so many ways. Some days she gets a little wistful, telling us 'Mommy and Daddy, I don't want to grow up!' When asked why, she says 'Cause then I won't be your baby!' We, of course, reassure her that she will ALWAYS be her baby. How mommy is still her mommy's baby, and daddy is still his mommy's baby! Then she skips off on her merry little way, content in the fact that she will always be OUR little girl! For so long she was a 'BIG girl'... but now if you call her that she says 'Mommy, I'm still a little girl though!' Yes baby, you sure are.

Christmas was a blast, of course. Every year gets more exciting as we get to start more traditions! We made a construction paper chain this year, and got to leave out milk and cookies. She is such a gracious child, and she ooh's and ahh's over everything she gets, whether it's a new bike or a pair of socks. It makes us happy as parents because she really seems to appreciate everything she gets!

We did get to find out that we are adding a SON to the mix!! We are absolutely overjoyed, as this will not only be our first boy (duh) but the first boy to both of our families in awhile! I have sisters and nieces, and Nick has a sister. So a boy will definitely be interesting! Lacey has named him Parker John Smith Lambert... it was just John Smith from Pocahontas! We finally convinced her to try out another name, and were discussing the fact that Parker is on our list... so she latched on! Silly girl! At least she's open to discussion though, although according to her John Smith just HAS to be somewhere in the name! We'll see honey.... She is really excited about him though and can't wait until he gets here! It's not myself I have to stop from buying things for him... she's the worst about throwing stuff for baby brother in the cart! It's really cute.

So for now it's just getting ready for May! I'm enjoying every minute of being pregnant (for the most part) because it'll probably be my last. And we're trying to enjoy every minute of being a family without a newborn! Not that I can't wait to meet our sweet baby boy... but I for sure know how much a newborn changes things, so we're definitely enjoying our relaxing and freedom that we have with only a 3 year old! So in some ways, May can't get here soon enough... but in others, I'm okay if time would pass a little slower. Ask me again at 38 weeks, I'm sure I'll be singing a different tune! But for now, all is good!

No comments: