Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Exercise!

So throughout this pregnancy I've been SUPER good about exercising. It makes me feel much better (for the most part) and makes me feel less guilty when I eat some oreos or ice cream (or both!). I usually do walking/jogging on the treadmill, and then strength training with weights. I've wanted to do a class for awhile now, but have been too nervous to go. I saw another pregnant girl in the BodyStep class at the gym, so this week I got up the nerve to go! It was great! Of course the first day (Monday) I felt totally uncoordinated and probably looked like a bumbling idiot. But it was fun, and it was an hour of intense work. Then Tuesday I went to the BootCamp class. Still lots of cardio, and more weights. And then step again Wednesday! I am so proud of myself. Although today I feel like crud, I am chalking that up to the fact that I need some rest (was planning on doing Mon Tue Wed workout, rest Fri and Sat anyways) and that I had to stay at work REALLY late last night and didn't get much sleep. But anyways, hopefully this weight will come off like with Lacey and maybe I'll at least get into a tankini this summer! Fingers crossed.

Lacey has turned on some 3 year old attitude, MAJORLY. It's so funny to watch, but also slightly obnoxious at the same time! Singing/screaming at the top of her lungs, and then making a huge deal out of pouting when, after 30 minutes and my poor ears are ringing, I tell her to please sing quieter! Stomping around when I even dare ask her to pick up her toys or clothes. 'Hhmph'ing all over the place when asked to do things or not to do things, etc. What a little drama queen!

Baby boy has been super active these past couple of days. He really likes step class (or maybe he's annoyed by the music). They play aerobics music obviously, and he really gets to jumping around! And of course he enjoys jumping around when I'm trying to sleep, just like his sister.

Lacey is so ready for him to be here. She talks every day about how she is going to tell him it's okay when he cries and make him happy, and help me change diapers and clothes, and help me do his laundry. It's nice that she's at the age where she likes to help do chores... if only she would do what I ask her! She likes the grown up chores like vacuuming and laundry... but picking up her toys is a nightmare! Just like any other kid!

I'm hoping this weekend is nice. I know it's supposed to be cold... I just wish the warm weather would come and stay! Saturday morning I'm going to a consignment sale to hopefully find a few things that we need, and I'm helping host a friend's baby shower on Saturday, so tomorrow I'll be cooking and getting ready. Then going to a co-worker's shower on Sunday. I really want a quiet weekend at home, but looks like that's not happening!

No comments: