It's been a few days but you'll have to cut me some slack, it's my on week and I've been staying at Nick's.
We told our sitter that we wouldn't need her for July since Nick's school schedule is different, so his parents are keeping her some nights and it's just easier to stay at his house.
Not much has been going on... little bug has been very well behaved (except the tantrums). She is usually pretty demanding and whiny (just like her mom LOL) but she's been pretty pleasant lately. She went 2 nights without waking, but I'm not counting on anything to stay the same. As soon as you get used to it, it changes! Kids sure do keep you on your toes!
Nick and I did 'time out' chair today, it was hilarious. She was pitching a fit about it and we were dying laughing, I felt like the worst mom. It was just so funny seeing such a huge temper come from such a tiny cute thing. Silly girl. But she did sit there, so that was nice. It's more of a getting used to listening thing than it is her understanding time out. But eventually I want it to be like on Jon and Kate Plus 8 where their kids just know when they've been naughty and they go to time out, so I figure it's not too early to start!
She has also been trying to poop on the potty! Yay! Of course we got a pic, and again when I get it on this computer I'll post it. She's finally gotten the idea that you can't quit pushing when you get on the potty, and she's gotten it a couple times! But she doesn't yet understand you can't just get up and go running around the house before you are finished. She did that today and we had little turds all over. Of course she thought it was hilarious and proceeded to sit down. YUCK! We're working on it.
My grandmother is in the rehab center now! Yayyy grandmommy! They moved her yesterday, and when I talked to her she was sitting in a chair eating lunch. That's awesome for being just 6 days after major surgery. She's walked to the bedside commode as well. I'm so proud and happy. Now if I can just get over there to see her. It's been so crazy that I haven't made it since Monday and I miss her.
We're going fishing tomorrow morning with my dad and my sisters for the 4th. Of course, now that Lacey's old enough to watch fireworks (and probably be terrified) I have to work. Ugh. But we are going to buy her some of those little white popper things, so that should be fun. I'll get video!
I guess that's it, it's bedtime!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
ok.... just figured out you have a blog...i'm kinda slow i supposed. i guess kids can do that to you. anyways, see yal at church in the morning i hope! and hope to see yall this week! love u
oh, and we watched the fireworks and carson enjoyed them for about 2 minutes and then passed out in my arms... haha yes even with the loud noises! lacey didn't miss much!
Post a Comment