Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

My child, future comedian

Today as we were walking out into the wetness to go to the gym, Lacey spotted something on the ground. I hear 'Mommy, LOOK! It's a snake!' For a second I panic. Then I look over and see a little worm moving across the blacktop. I giggle and say 'No Lacey, that's not a snake, it's a worm. They are small and don't bite!' And she says 'Oh, that's a worm. He's nice, he not bite me. The worm walks like this, "Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle"!' As she wriggles back and forth. One of the funniest things I've seen! I couldn't even get her buckled in because she was showing me how the worm 'walked.'

And then the other day we were sitting outside on the porch swing, watching my neighbor play with her dog and 2 dogs she was sitting for in the backyard. One was a dog that looked like ours, one is a little dog named Manny, and one was a bulldog. She was laughing at them and said 'That's a Bentley-dog, and that's a Manny-dog, and that's a pig. *Snort snort*.' I busted out laughing and could not for the life of me convince her that it was a dog. She said 'No mommy, that's a pig. Can I pet him? I not ever pet a pig before!'

I wish I had gotten it on tape!

Her 2nd birthday went great! She wasn't in a horrible mood, and actually ate her cake this year. We had lots of friends and family come and just had hamburgers and hotdogs at his parents house again. We get to go to our first birthday party for another child next weekend! I hope she behaves, but it should go well. There will be a bouncy house and cake, all should be good!

My sisters turned 20 yesterday. It's crazy! My little sisters aren't teenagers anymore. Weird. And my baby isn't a baby anymore.

Potty training isn't going so well. For someone who can communicate so well, she seems to not understand potty training. Well, I take that back. She understands it, she just has no need for it. It's still fine with me, as it's easier for me to change a diaper than to remember to take her to the bathroom or change a whole outfit (and whatever she was sitting on when she peed). But hopefully she will just do it in her own time (and that will be before she is like 4) and we won't have to worry about it. Its funny how peculiar she is about some things. At restaurants she HAS to go pee in the bathrooms. I don't know if she wants so see all the different restrooms or what. But at home, she's usually not interested. If you catch her pooing and ask her if she is pooing, she will say "No! Shhhh" and put her finger up to her mouth. Like we don't know what she's doing. Sometimes she will blame it on someone else... like if the dog is laying down she will say 'No, Shhh, Bentley's sleeping.' What an excuse!

Time to go home to my babies! I just got a sweet phone call and an 'I miss you, come home soon!' I feel all warm and cuddly inside. It's sweet of him, because I was not a nice person this morning when I was tired!

No comments: