Last Thursday I made the mistake of saying 'I never get sick.' After my 2 year old vomited for a week, then Nick got it... I said it. And the next day I woke up, miserable.
Nick and I went to the doctor, he has a viral upper respiratory infection, I, a bacterial one. Oh the joys. We both got shots, and I'm on amoxicillin. It's horrible. Despite all of the antibiotics, I still had a fever last night, 2 days after the shots!
Nick's great grandmother, Mamaw, passed away yesterday morning. We went to see her one last time last week in Memphis. She had a really good day when we were there, and for that I am grateful. She was a wonderful, sweet woman who will be missed. I still can't believe that she died, it's always surreal when you weren't there. She was so funny, such the gossiper. I loved to sit next to her and listen to her tell her stories. I'm glad we got to see her on a good day. She was ready to go, that's for sure. She was 92 years old, in the hospital with pneumonia and newly diagnose CHF (congestive heart failure). Both of which are treatable, if you want them to be. But she was becoming more dependent on people (she recently moved from her lifelong home in Mississippi to live closer to relatives) and she hated that. She was ready. We leave tomorrow for the funeral and visitation. I think Lacey will be great. We had to put our family dog down a couple of weeks ago and she was appropriately sad. She seems so grown up, she has such an ability to sense emotions it's crazy.
We did make it to my friend's daughter's birthday party on Saturday though. Through all the sickness, we made it. Lacey just goes on and on about her new friend Ava. Ava turned one and and had a bouncy house, and boy did it make an impression! Ava is the cutest little girl, and hopefully my friend will get me some pictures soon so I can post. I am the worst about pictures.
And it snowed yesterday! I felt horrible so I only went out for a few minutes. But it was all I needed. Lacey went out and just kept eating handfuls of snow! She was so funny. My niece was there too, and they were so funny. Nick kept throwing snowballs at them and Emma had no clue what was going on! Lacey figured out how to make one and kept throwing them back at daddy. But all too soon her hands froze from eating snow, and she started bawling. Inside we went, to look at the snow through the window. It hasn't snowed that much here in awhile! It was probably about 3 inches. Nick's best friend got in a wreck driving home, so I'm glad we didn't go anywhere. He was okay, luckily. I wish we could have sledded or something, but it was nice to stay inside together as a (albeit sick) family!
And with all the doctor/sick talk, you better believe that Lacey's dollies have had their share of doctor time. Today she brought me one and said 'Mommy, baby is sick. She has to go to the doctor and take her thermometer.' I asked her what the baby had, and she said 'Baby has to get a hole in her booty.' LOL I guess watching mommy and daddy get shots made an impression! Of course she made us (and her dolls) feel much better. And for some odd reason, whenever you are sick she says that you need a banana. I can't remember offering her a banana when she didn't feel well... but that's what she equates it with. Me: I don't feel good. Lacey: Mommy, it's ok. You just need a banana.
If only that's what it took!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment