Our new word for the week is 'need.' If she takes our stuff, we tell her we 'need that' back so she'll give it to us. So of course, she picked up on it. She points and says 'need that' or adds the name of the object (ex: 'need juice'). It's hilarious! She 'needs' everything. Yesterday she was pointing to the fridge because Nick's dad had just gotten something else, and she was 'needing' some fruit. She told him a few times 'need that' and he wasn't paying attention, and she yells 'need that, need that, need THAT!!!' Nick and I burst out laughing. She's such a little dictator.
Nick's parents took Lacey to see fireworks last night (I'm jealous). They said that she would look at them and go 'boom boom' but was much more interested in playing in the gravel. They said basically she watched the fireworks for 2 minutes, and picked up gravel and piled it on the blanket the rest of the time. I'm glad she got to go though, and secretly glad she didn't just LOVE the fireworks because I would be sad to miss her expressions.
Last night Nick kept her and she woke up around 5 and screamed for an hour before he finally brought her to me. It was bad because I stayed up late reading because I thought I was going to get to sleep late, but baby wanted only mommy. She was in a good mood today so that made up for it. She was way too cute! I hated that I had to leave her to go to work.
Tomorrow is my dad's birthday so we're going to church with him, then on a picnic and hopefully to take some pics of Lacey if she will behave. Hopefully it'll be nice! I'm sure it will. We're having a surprise party for him on Monday, I'm really excited. I think he will be surprised and happy. Hopefully we got the message out to his friends in time for them to come, but if not I know his best friend will be there and he would be just as happy if it was just me and my sisters. So yay.
I guess that's it. I get to go apartment hunting next week, and am not looking forward to it. Everything is so expensive and its depressing.
Oh and my grandmother is now in the rehab center. I saw her today for the first time since Monday and she looked GREAT! My mom and I bathed her and for the amount of surgery she had, she has surpisingly little bruising. She has two incisions on her back where they put in the rods, and one on her right side about 10 inches long from her ribs to her back where they did the bone graft, with staples in it. It looked great and healthy. I'm so happy! She still can't really stand up for long without getting dizzy and nauseous, but she's improving so it's great.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
happy birthday to your dad! hope yal have a good day with him! i would love to go look at apartments this week. cause i've been wanting to 'tour' some of them as well... so lets work on that. yal have a happy!
Post a Comment