The past few days Lacey has been running around saying 'hop-it-al' and I just wrote it off as babbling cause I couldn't catch her saying it clearly near me. But I finally figured out she's saying 'hospital'! Gosh, it took me long enough. It's because we play the 'where is every member of my family' game about a million times a day. She does it with everyone. She'll say a name and you tell her where that member of the family is, and on and on. It's hilarious. My mom said she asked her the other day where I was, and my mom said 'hospital' and then Lacey goes Mommy, hop-it-al! Yayy
Another new one is guitar. Or ' kit-ar.' If you ask her what a donkey says she'll say hee haw and then blow a raspberry on her arm (Nick's Nana taught her that) and it's hilarious.
She has a pair of those Squeaky Street Shoes (or 2 pair) and every morning and a few times throughout the day she'll bring them to me and say 'queak.' And then run around taking tiny steps and stomping so she can hear them squeak. Hilarious!
We're going to the last home swim meet tonight, so hopefully I can keep my little water rat out of the pool. Yeah, good luck with that. Hopefully they'll leave the baby pool open so I can dunk her a few times. Daddy doesn't know it yet, but the other day she did a flip. Oops! I was sitting on the side of the baby pool holding her facing me and I was dipping her backwards till her head touched the water and pulling her back up, at which she would cackle. One time she just throws her legs back over her head and flipped over! She came up laughing and luckily I had a hold on her so she didn't hit her head. I looked like a terrible mom but it was so funny! She loved it and kept trying to do it again. I wasn't up for another heart attack so I declined, and she got mad. They just don't know what's good for them yet!
And she's slept all night the past 2 nights (woo hoo!). I probably just jinxed it though. Oh well. Naptime today didn't go over so well though. She fell asleep on me (just about the only way she'll sleep) and I *think* she was sleeping weird, so she kept coughing. One time she coughed, and puked all over me (i.e on my chest up my neck into my hair onto the pillow...eww). I swear this child has the weakest gag reflex ever. If she gets a hair in her mouth, or thinks she has a hair in her mouth, she almost or does throw up. Ugh. And CIO doesn't work very well because she will get so upset that she will puke. I think she's like the little girl on Jon and Kate Plus 8 (my fave show) and uses her puke as a weapon. "Don't deny me snuggle time (or your cell phone, or markers, or school books) or I will puke all over the place. Muahahaha." Seriously, I'm not kidding. It's disgusting. And then she wanted to go back to sleep, on me, so I'm laying there with puke about thisfar from my mouth and nose, smelling it. I tried to roll her off and she woke up, so we got in the shower. So she's had about a 30 minute nap today... I can see the swim meet being unsuccessful. Hopefully our little friend Kirby will be there, she's 22 months and her and Lacey have fun eating each other's food and fighting over toys.
Apartment hunting is tomorrow and is going to be much more fun because my best friend is going with me (thanks Mel!). So hopefully it'll be a success.
Well it's time for me to lock up the store and go to the meet, so more later!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment