Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 26, 2009

And so it continues

Lego box!


Wearing daddy's gloves, beating us up!
Lacey and cousin Tyler chilling after Lacey's b'day party
Classic Lacey and daddy


Giraffes



The sickness, I mean. For me at least. I think I've got another sinus infection. The running down the back of my throat, sticking to my vocal cords so I sound like a man, and a mouse when I laugh, sinus infection. Yuck.

But in other news, this past weekend (which I've just now gotten to write about... hello new weekend) was a blast. It made me miss Lauren even more though, which sucks. But I was lucky to see her, so I guess that's ok. She definitely needs to move back to Bama. Me, her, and our other friend Lauren hung out all weekend. She arrived Wednesday night. Thursday we went to the McWane Center (a hands on science center) and had a great time. We had my niece Emma with us, and her and Lacey just played their little hearts out. Lacey had not one meltdown. Then we went over to Lauren's (the one who lives here) parents house for a bit and sat on the back porch talking while the little ones dug in the dirt. Lacey started doing this 'I give up' thing when Emma frustrated her. It was so funny, she'd go sit down, dramatically throw her little arms up and back down, look down, sigh, and say 'I give up.' Dunno where she got that from!

Then Saturday we went to the zoo, just me and Lauren (from out of town) and Nick. It was a great time too. Perfect weather. Lacey slept for the first 20 minutes, but after that she was up and ready. We rode the train, did the petting zoo (she LOVED the goats and kept hugging them), and looked at all the animals. Her favorites were the hippo and the gorillas. She kept asking where the animals mommies were (it was kinda sad!). And she kept calling the gorillas, 'granilas.' It still makes me laugh so hard! 'Mommy, look at the big granilas! He's eating hees stick!' So funny.



That night we got to go to Buffalo Wild Wings and hang out for a bit, then go home and put Lacey to bed. Every night she wanted to stay up with Lauren, and wouldn't go to bed until like midnight! It was crazy. She really took to Lauren quickly, most of the time she's pretty standoffish, but she wasn't at all! I was so glad.

Sunday Nick and I did our engagement pictures. They turned out wonderfully (the ones we've seen). There were like 5 photographers, but we've only seen a few from our main photographer, my friend Camille. I love them! You can see them on facebook, and I'm going to do a big picture post (I promise!). Nick actually had a lot of fun, although he wouldn't admit it to his friends. He thinks he should be a model. I think he could if he was taller!

Then Lacey was asleep at his parents, so we went and got some snacks and went to the park and pond to sit and talk, and see the ducks. We've decided that I'm going to start back school in the fall (if, God willing, I get accepted) for Elementary Ed. Much different from nursing, but always something I wanted to do. After working in the hospital, I'd much rather not be a nurse. Maybe later on, but I'd much rather teach. I want to teach from Prek to 2nd or 3rd grade. I don't think I could teach much older than that, I'm not sure about division! Ha but we'll see.

This week has been pretty good, busy at work and at home. Nick's aunt and uncle are coming in this weekend to spend some time with us. His aunt is helping me do a lot for the wedding and making Lacey's dress, so I can't wait! Today we ate lunch with my mom, and Lacey made some new friends. This little 4 year old girl came and asked if they could play in the chairs by the windows, and I said ok. Lacey really needs a big sister. She gets along so much better with older kids, because they understand her and usually know how to be polite. I've always said if she could go to daycare and be in the 4 year old class, she'd be so happy!

Oh and last night our babysitter took Lacey to Victoria's Secret to return something (with our permission). Lacey asked the cashier something and the girl ignored her. My little outspoken priss said 'Excuse me, I asked you a question.' OMG! I would have died laughing. And our babysitter, Andrea, said 'Well, you better answer her!' I love that Lacey already stands up for herself at 2. You go girl!

Crossed fingers that I get into school (and that my past 2 schools send my transcripts, what a nightmare)! More on that later.

No comments: