Today we let our munchkin run around naked. As cute as her little hiney is, it was mainly for potty training purposes. As I've heard, they don't like the feeling of the pee running down their legs, and it helps them want to go on the potty. Since Lacey has begun to hate the potty, I figured, why not! I'm guessing that my constant nagging in public restrooms to not touch the potty seat (or under it, or the floor) because it's dirty has gotten to her, because she refuses to go on the potty. And when I ask why, it's 'Because, it's dirty.' So today I let her wipe it down, and put it in the living room.
The first pee goes on her little princess couch. Apparently, she doesn't mind pee pooling between her legs. 'Look mommy, I peed on my couch!' she yells excitedly. Her little face falls when I explain to her that no, that is NOT where we pee. I put her on the potty, and she goes. So we do the potty dance and applaud. Then, to get her really excited, we make a potty chart. First I wrote 'Pee' and 'Poop' but Nick decided that was too graphic to put on our bathroom wall (I mean, it is what we do) so we changed it to '#1' and '#2.' More PC. So we put her first sticker on. She doesn't get that she can't put all the stickers on, and throws a fit. Mommy ignores it, and starts stripping the cover off the princess couch. The rest of the pee for the day (as far as I know) went in the potty! She usually poops around 11, and by 2 she hadn't yet... I dunno if she was holding it, or she just didn't have to. We'll feed her lots of raisins tomorrow and try again.
She picked her own prizes out, McDonald's playplace for filling the '#1' chart (10 spots) and a new book for filling the '#2' spot. I should have made more blocks, because she pees like 10 times a day, and that could get expensive. But she may never fill the number 2 spot. I'm pretty proud. I love seeing that naked booty all day, and she's getting excited about the potty again!
Nick won his first fight last Saturday! I was so proud (and scared, and wanting to beat the other guy up). He did an awesome job, and I'm so glad that he did. Everyone was saying it was the fight of the night, and he even got paid (which amateurs usually don't!). Nick's gym, Champions, has a record of 23-2. Which is really awesome. So lots of bigtime promoters have been calling his coach trying to get them to come to fights. Their guys win all the fights and make the other ones look horrible. It's nice that he joined a good group. They are all super nice, and most of them are engaged so me and the other fiance's get together and talk and wince for our guys. It's nice to make more couple friends to hang out with. And 2 of Nick's fellow swim coaches got engaged (Nick put the pressure on them) so the parents are having a joint shower for us! That should be fun! We're going to have to move just because of all the stuff we will be getting. I better get on the registry, I really can't think of things we need! We have so much, I really only want like a one cup coffee maker and a new bedspread. Well, and a bedroom suite, but we put that on there hoping to get gift cards. Any other ideas?
Tomorrow I think we are taking Lacey for her very first haircut. I'm sad! I wanted to put it off as long as possible, but it's time. The bottom in the back has grown faster, and it's slightly curly, and the top is about 3 inches shorter and has also grown down the back. She looks like she has a shaggy mullet. It's just getting raggedy, and as much as I love it, it needs to go. I thought about doing it myself, but there's just something about that first haircut. So off we go tomorrow, hopefully we'll get someone who is good with kids, because she's a tough one! I think she'll be excited, especially if she gets a sucker. I wish there was children's hair cut places around here with the cool chairs. Oh well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment