Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Swimming again

I went to get my hair done today for the first time in like 2 years, and Nick took Lacey swimming. (Pics of my hairdo to come!) He said it was a definite success! He told me that she swam half the length of the short course (about 25 yards, so half that) by herself holding onto a noodle with her hands!! I'm so proud of my little fishy! He said that he put on her goggles, and she was blowing tons of bubbles. Then the real breakthrough came and she swam with the noodle, with her face completely under the water, without drowning herself! Now, last year she would go underwater, but for some reason everytime she did, she got the urge to breath. I don't know about you, but most humans can't breathe underwater, so understandably, she would get choked. She didn't care that she was choked, but after about 8 times of her almost puking, we made her stop. I'm not sure where her sense of self preservation was at that time, but am happy to say it seems to be back.

I know they say kids can't really learn to swim until they are about 3 or 4, but I'm hoping that since she's been in the water since she was 6 weeks old, that she might be at least staying afloat by the end of the summer. She does her swimmy arms and kicks her legs, and does a very good job. So we'll see! Go fishy!

And Lauren is here! I have yet to see her, since she arrived while I was at work, so I can't wait to go home. It's so nice to see best friends after 2 years of not seeing them. I really can't wait to see her interact with Lacey. She hasn'ts een her since she was 8 months old....needless to say she's changed heaps! And now that Lacey is older I feel more comfortable about going on an 8 hour trip, so this summer me, my other friend Lauren(hopefully) and Lacey will be going up to Indiana to Lauren's lakehouse to spend a weekend. Should be exciting, will keep you posted!

And what's with all this Jon and Kate splitting up business? You wouldn't leave me with 8 kids, that's for sure. How would he even pay child support, and how would they split them up? I pray that they work it out, and make it through, and are better for it. Hopefully they don't believe in divorce and will make it work. If ever there was a time to stay in a marriage for the kids, I think this is it. Although I wouldn't want them to be unhappy, I feel for the kids if they do split. We'll leave it to God, and He can do all things!

No comments: