Yesterday Lacey and I went shopping, and she really wanted some nail polish. So, being the good (and weak) mommy, I bought her some. We went home and she was so excited to paint her nails! I painted them and told her to blow on her toes while I painted her fingernails. She kept blowing, and then blew on her fingers when I finished. I felt of them and told her that they were dry, she didn't have to blow anymore. She looked at me and said 'My fingernails are ALL cooled off now!' And she ran off to show them to her cousin, saying "Emmy, look! My fingernails aren't hot anymore!" Yes sweetie, they have cooled!
It's been a busy few weeks. Being sick (Nick ended up with pneumonia, and Lacey ended up with a sinus infection), the funeral (Lacey behaved great, and it was a very sweet funeral), and a wedding have taken their toll. My house is a little dirty, and my bills are due, but we are happy!
At the funeral Lacey was such a good girl. The other kids, I can't say the same for. She was playing with these 2 little girls, one was probably 4 and the other 5. She was so thrilled to be playing with them, but they were being so mean it made me want to cry. They kept taking her baby doll from her (she thought they were being nice so she gave it to them) and teasing her with it, making her cry. Then they went and found some ceiling tiles (their parents were nowhere to be found) and started making a house. They didn't want Lacey to play, and when I turned my head for a minute to talk to Nick's aunt, they locked her in the men's bathroom! I wanted to rip their little heads off. One of their moms was super snotty and could have cared less that her little brat was up to no good. After 10 minutes of Lacey screaming and crying, we got her out. It was a handle without a hole on the outside, and I was so close to knocking the door down! But she finally unlocked it, my poor baby. And the mom didn't even apologize. She just said 'Oh Sarah you guys were being so silly.' Silly my ass, I wanted to beat her up!
This past weekend Nick and I went to his cousin's wedding in Mississippi, and left little bit with her grandpa and Aunt Melissa. We didn't want her to be in the car for that long, since we drove up and back in one day. The wedding was beautiful, and Lacey had a great time with Papa G! She was super cuddly yesterday and today, and so sweet. She kept hugging us and saying she loved us randomly. She will tell you 'Mommy, you are my favorite favorite mommy!' Always 2 favorites. Or 'I really really love my daddy!' And about random things. She got a toy from McDonald's yesterday and exclaimed 'This is my favorite favorite toy from McDonald's!' So random, but so cute.
My best friend Lauren is coming in town this Wednesday! I can't wait. We haven't seen each other since Lacey was 8 months old. We went through middle and high school together, and then she left me for Indiana when we graduated. I was so sad! I wish we could see each other more often. Now that Lacey is older hopefully we can get up there some! I want to go this summer, they have a lake house, it would be a blast. So needless to say, I'm super thrilled that she will be here soon. And our engagement pictures are Sunday. I'm getting my hair done on Wednesday, hopefully Lauren and I can go get me a spray tan, and I whitened my teeth today. If you ever need an at home quick whitening kit, I recommend Rembrandt 2 hour whitening trays! They worked awesome and only cost $20. You put the gel in the trays, put them in for 20 minutes, take them out and rinse them and your mouth and wait for 10 minutes. Then you repeat for 2 hours. It went by really quickly, I had so much to do and a toddler to keep me entertained. And my teeth look great!
Anyways, I guess that's all for today. I miss my best friend Mel, now that we work different schedules it's hard for us to get together, and this weekend was so crazy we didn't get to see her and her family. Hopefully we can all get together this weekend when Lauren is in town! Maybe hit the zoo or something. More later! Oh and I finally put my pictures on my computer at home, so who knows, maybe I'll go crazy and FINALLY post some!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
aw, its so nice to be missed! we would love to see yal this weekend, but i know you want to see lauren too! and you live in my city all the time, so ill let her have her jenn time! :)
Post a Comment