Today was our weekly day with Lacey's cousin, Emma (or Emmy, as she is lovingly known as). Let me just say, that they have gotten SO much better at playing together. The first weeks, I thought they would kill each other and I wasn't so sure of keeping them together. And I had a lot more respect for my sister, who keeps Lacey often. But today, they were actually slightly.. good! I did figure out that it's best to hide the most sought after toys, and to get them out of the house. So today we ran some errands to Hobby Lobby, then went to eat at Chik Fil A (not the best idea), then to play in the park. They were worn out when we got home. Well, Lacey was. She actually asked to leave the park to go home and rest, and kept saying 'Come on Emmy, time to go home to rest!' In the car, she told her to hush, because Lacey wanted to sleep. Silly girls.
They are so funny, they hold hands everywhere they go! It's way too cute.
I also bought Lacey some beads and thick string to play with. It kept her entertained for almost an hour! I highly recommend it. It also helped with her dexterity. I wanted to get those huge wooden beads, but they were $7 for a pack of 14! So I bought those small ones with the pretty good sized holes (you know, the ones that girls put in their hair). She had a blast. I also decided to learn how to knit (we'll see how long this project lasts). I told Lacey I was making her a blanket. She didn't really understand that it is a process, and she thought the ball of yarn was the blanket, only rolled up in my lap. It was like knitting with a cat. She kept grabbing it out of my lap, yanking the needles from my hands, and rubbing it on her face saying 'Oh mommy, I LUB my new blankie!' Poor thing doesn't realize it'll be months before she has a new blankie (and even then I might have to just buy one). But we'll be hopeful.
Poor Nick can't seem to shake his cough. He was getting better, and then I got sick, and sickened him again. I know it takes awhile to recover from pneumonia... but last night he couldn't quit coughing. I'm scared he has it again. When Lacey woke up at 2:50 (after I just fell asleep at 2:30) I welcomed the chance to go sleep in her bed. I felt bad, but I just couldn't sleep with the coughing, and I know he couldn't. Sweet thing, this morning I kept waking up and wondering when Melissa was going to drop Emma off. She comes around 6:30, and I kept thinking it must be past that, but no one had come and gotten me up. I almost thought she wasn't coming. But when Lacey finally woke up and we walked in the living room, there was Nick and Emma playing. He wanted to let me get some sleep. So I let him lay back down on the couch and I made pancakes (our Friday staple). We used to go to IHOP but that got expensive!
Tomorrow we're going to an airshow in Tuscaloosa with my dad, Melissa, and Emma, so hopefully Lacey will be good. I'm so excited, I love planes, and the Blue Angels are flying. I hope I don't forget my camera. And Nick has a swim meet in Tuscaloosa, so we'll be close to him too. Tomorrow evening our good friends are having their wedding shower, so that should be fun too! A packed day, but fun.
It took me forever to figure out what to get Lacey for easter. The child needs nothing, especially not candy. But at work tonight I was in the ever expansive gift shop, and saw a tiny little bucket with some stickers, some easter grass, and a few pieces of candy. So I bought it. I just can't see buying her any toys, or movies, or books. And it's not like you can buy a few pieces of candy, so that means I'd end up eating a whole bag. No thanks. So hopefully, this is perfect.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment