Lacey got to go to her first protest on Wednesday!! Her and Nick's parents went to the tax day Tea Party in Birmingham. I was so jealous, I had to work and I've never been to a protest before! Hopefully she'll follow in her mom's conservative in most areas but not so conservative in other areas (like, I'm for the death penalty) footsteps. I really hate listening to politics, because I just get mad and have nothing to do about it, so I wish I could have gone. I'm tired of being poor, and working my butt off to not be that way, and watching other poor people sit on their lazy butts and benefit from it. I know that the US is a mix of socialist and market economy, but I think the scale has tipped too far towards socialism recently. I'm not really for or against Obama, cause really anything he says holds no water until Congress passes it. That's where my problem is. The pork barrel spending, the exorbitant taxes I pay to watch the rich get even richer (CEOs, etc), the ridiculous spending, when my grandchildren are going to be stuck with the bill, and on what?! Not better school systems, better pay for teachers (who are the future of this country)... no. It's so big execs can get huge fat bonuses, and severance for when they get laid off, or planes.
Not for making 'green' products cheaper, so that us poor people (which there are a lot of) can afford to purchase them and save the planet for our kids. If cloth diapers were cheaper at the outset, I for sure would have purchased them. I would love a hybrid or electric car, but again, no money. That kind of stuf needs the money. If they'd spend money on that, hybrid cars would become the norm and not the exception. Buying green products, installing solar panels, windmills, and living off the grid would look a lot more appealing. There's just so much that we can't afford, that it's so hard to live green. I do what I can, but most of the time it doesn't go that far. More recycling programs would make for cheaper building materials, which in turn would lead people to actually use that recycled plastic decking material instead of wood. But no, it's the exception, and it's expensive.
I'm tired of spending, I'm tired of war (but I do agree we should have gone over there in the first place), I'm tired of us depending on oil (when the nations that sell it hate us, and overcharge horribly). I'm tired of huge electric bills, ridiculous sewer rates (dunno about everywhere, but Jefferson County has had a horrible time of it). Tired of Birmingham leaders stealing my money, and wanting to spend it on stupid crap that isn't even feasible (umm hello, the proposal was to fix the city so that the Olympics could be held here. Yeah. Right. How bout fix the roads, the communities, the fact that a 4 year old girl just shot and killed herself. Give the money to the communities for community centers, outreach programs, get kids off the streets. Don't just depend on the churches to do it for you, because it takes a combined effort). Oh yeah, and actually set a good example. You stealing money from your constituents (or people who invested, hello Madoff) sets a horrible example for the up and coming CEO's, senators, mayors, etc. I don't care if you are Christian, Atheist, Buddhist, Islamic, whatever, everyone needs morals. And the morals of this country have gone to the dogs. I for one want my child to live in a moralistic society. Not saying that you have to follow the Bible, but those morals that are glaringly obvious to normal people. Don't steal, don't kill, don't get married and cheat, etc. That's the only way any society has ever started, based on a series of rules that were common sense, and everyone agreed upon. Otherwise, chaos reigns.
K I'm done. Also, today while I was at work Nick called me, and said the ever famous words 'I bet you can't guess what your daughter did just now.' No, I bet I can't! So he told me that Lacey came to him and asked for a jellybean (which she gets after going in the potty). He asked her why, and she said 'I threw the poo poo away!' He had to ask again, and she repeated the same thing. He told her to show him. She took him to the trash can, and proudly pointed down to where, as she said, there was poop. 'I throw da poo poo away!' He asked who it came from, and she said 'Ummm Emmy.' Nick checked Emma's diaper, no sign. So he checked Lacey's, and she had a skid mark. The child reached into her own diaper, pulled out her poop, and threw it away. Who woulda thought?! Nick asked her where the poo poo goes, and she looked down and said 'The potty.' So she knows, but she'd rather poop in her diaper, get it in her hand, and throw it away. Can anyone tell that she's going to be a bear to potty train? Pee she's fine, but she is so weird about pooping. Usually, she locks herself in her room and if you ask her what she's doing she tells you to 'Shhh, I'm pooping.' Sometimes it's our room. You can ask if she wants to go in the potty, and she said no and continues about her business. Whatever!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment