This weekend was jam packed with stuff, no wonder I'm so tired today! Friday night I went out with my bestest, Mel, for her early birthday celebration. We had a great time, took a few shots (haven't done that in awhile!), and generally talked up a storm. I wish we could do it more often, but I'm sure I'd be more tired if we did! I haven't stayed out that late in a loooong time!
Then we had to get up early Saturday morning for 'Bubble Down' at the pool. That's where we spend all day (well, the kids, coaches, and parents) taking down the humongous canvas 'bubble' that goes over the pool for the winter so we can still swim, as well as removing the 1 ton bulkheads that separate the pool into 4 smaller pools. This involves the entire swim team, their parents, a flatbed truck, and a crane! Needless to say it was a busy day. Lacey and I went to help with hospitality, which means we got to sit around, watch them work, eat (and serve) food, and generally enjoy ourselves! Nick was the only coach in town, and might I say this was the best bubble down year yet! Usually it's not over until about 8pm, but we were finished before 4. Which is good, because we had a wedding to go to at 5.
Saturday also kicked off our marathon of weddings this summer. We have about 5 more, not including ours, and I can assure you at the end I will be all weddinged out (as well as broke). It was a lot of fun, the reception was great. We were supposed to go to a friend's house afterwards to relax and watch the UFC fight that was on. His fiance had a little too much to drink (she never drinks) so they just went home. So we went to buffalo wild wings to watch the end of the fight. They ended up not having it, so we sat down to eat some wings. Right after we ordered I got a message from my sister (who was keeping Lacey for the night) that Lacey threw up. So we got our order to go, and went over there. It's about 11:30 by this time. We get there and Lacey is happily laying on the couch with my mom. Apparently the little monster would NOT go to sleep because mommy and daddy weren't there. Then when Melissa finally insisted she go to bed, and that mommy and daddy would pick her up in the morning, she started screaming crying. And wouldn't stop. Until she puked everywhere. Which in a way was a relief, because at least I knew she didn't have a stomach virus. But totally ruined my mood for the night (although I was happy that Lacey was at home with us). She was fine after that, we went home, she fell asleep, woke up when we got home, said she wasn't tired, then 5 minutes later she said 'I changed my mind mommy, I am tired.'
And Melissa was telling me that the first time she said that it was time for bed went a little something like this:
Melissa: 'Girls (Lacey and Emma) it's time for both of you to go night night!'
Lacey: 'Both of me's goin night night? No, we're not tired!'
Luckily, for the first time in about 5 weekends, Sunday we sat around the house. All day. In our pajamas. It was delightful! I didn't even shower! Ok, yuck, I know. But that's how lazy I was. I took a nap with Lacey, we ordered out pizza for dinner, and ate leftover sandwiches from 'bubble down' day for lunch. Oh, I love that Lacey is old enough to relax (sort of). Sure, our house is a wreck and I dread even trying to clean anything. But for one day, it was nice to ignore it, and do nothing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment