Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, July 27, 2009

12 days!

Only 12 days to go!

Saturday Lacey and I attended my niece, Emma's birthday party at the zoo. It was a lot of fun, we had cake first, which Emma literally almost dove into, then walked around to see the animals (the hippos and rhinos are Lacey's favorite, they had camel rides and she said she wanted to ride a hippo instead). Then the girls got to play in the water jets. They had a blast! Pictures to come (I know, I know, I promise that all the time... I really will get some up!)

Then we went to a pool party/wedding shower with my work friends. We got to swim, play with bubbles, and eat tons of food. They did a money tree for Nick and me, it was so thoughtful and wonderful! We had a lot of fun!

Then I went to have my bachelorette party with Nick's sister, Erica, and our friend Sammi. It was a hoot! I'm glad it was small, because we actually got to hang out and talk, it was more intimate being just the 3 of us. It was sorta an impromptu thing, since my weekends have been crazy full, we pretty much said that that was the only night we could go out, so lets go! We first went to a piano bar called Twist & Shout. They have 2 pianos, and you pay for them to play songs (or quit playing songs you don't like). It's amazing! They seriously know everything, and know all the words. I bet they make a killing. I wasn't planning on drinking that much, but then said oh, what the heck. It's only one night! Luckily I did, because the girls told them that it was my bachelorette party (there were 3 others there as well). They made me and one of the other bachelorette's come up on stage and have a dance contest. OMG! I had to put my hands on the piano, with my butt to everyone, and 'get low'. I won. Then we had to turn around and just dance. I won again! Yay, go me. Luckily I was a bit drunk, so I wasn't embarassed. Normally I would have been mortified, but would have done it anyways for a laugh. It was great!

Then they were closing, but the club next door had a private license, so we went there. Even at 2am there was a $10 cover, but since I had on my 'bride to be' sash, they let us in free. It wasn't as fun. I mean, it was a nice club, good music, but I wasn't in the mood to dance with or get hit on by the type of people that were in there, if you know what I mean. It was more of a 'I'm single, lets dance and hook up' type of place. That's the reason I really like the piano bar, it's more upscale, not so raunchy (except for the songs they make up themselves), and it's more couples just hanging out and having a good time. I feel so old, and I like it!

After the club, we went down the street to get something to eat and ended up at some martini bar and lounge, complete with pool tables and scruffy looking people. By that time I had had enough to drink, so we got some waters and a hamburger (for Sammi), ate, and decided it was time to head home. Even though I had quite enough to drink, I wasn't hung over Sunday, which was definitely a good thing since I picked up Lacey at 8am! And my grandfather bought us a nice new (self propelled, key start) lawnmower so I had to mow the grass. Much easier than last time!

Then Nick got home last night, I was SO happy. We missed him too badly! But even with him there, we were scaredy cats last night for some reason. We heard something that sounded like bumping on the hardwoods, then Bentley kept barking for some reason, then we heard a loud squeak, and some more bumping. I finally heard a short beep like someone was locking their car and convinced myself (although Nick thought the horn was our dog) that it was just the neighbors, and went to sleep. I don't know why I am such a scaredy cat!

Time to go home, hopefully tomorrow Lacey and I will have a playdate with some new friends! I met a lady who has 5 kids and works from home, so we are going to get shaved ice tomorrow and maybe go to the park. I'm excited, most of my friends work during the day so we never have anyone to play with!

No comments: