Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Yuck, dentist!

I finally went to the dentist today! Yay! Most people don't know, but I HATE the dentist. I can watch procedures all day, but once they are happening to me, in a place that I can't see, and I'm awake, I'm such a baby. It literally has been 2 and a half years (funny how that coincides with Lacey's age, huh) since I've been. My mom actually had to trick me into it. We all use the same dentist, and today my stepdad had an appointment. Apparently, he couldn't make it, so she called me and asked me if I could go, at 3, so she wouldn't have to pay the cancellation fee. Since I haven't been in forever, and apparently if left up to me, it would be a lot longer, I bit the bullet and said yes.

I needed 3 fillings, on the right side. Not such a surprise, because they were already watching 2 spots from when I was pregnant (apparently, your teeth can go to sh*t when you're pregnant) and they found another today, so they went ahead and filled them. Now I'm at work, starving, and unable to eat because I am still numb (4 hours later) and I don't really enjoy coming out of the numbness having my cheek chewed to shreads. But I am hungry!

This past weekend was pretty fun, had a family girls day at the lake! Then Sunday I spent the day with my dad. He took Lacey back to his house for awhile to play with him and his friend 'Ham'. (or Pam, if you aren't Lacey). They had a blast, like always. She came home and told me that they played with Ham, and Ham gave papa her old feed-birder and they watched the birds eat! It was so cute! I didn't get what she was saying at first, so I made her repeat it. Then I said 'Oh, and bird feeder' and she said 'Actually mommy, it's a feed birder.' Well okay then!

Today we visited my grandparents with my sister Kelly. It was so nice, I don't see them nearly enough. My grandmother took me through all of the china and crystal and silverware she's collected over the years. I got to pick out my favorite (although with 3 sisters and a mom, that by no means assures that I'll get it). It's a lot like the pattern I picked out, it's sorta funny. She also had 24kt gold silverware (gold ware?) that was beautiful! I have never seen anything like it before.

Lacey was very good, even though she woke up to get in our bed last night, turned sideways for half the night, and finally flipped upside down. I swear, for such a little person, she sure takes up a lot of space.

And we booked our honeymoon last night! We are going to Puerto Rico! I'm so excited. Since it's such late notice, we don't really have time to get passports, and I really didn't want to stay in the (mainland) US. I think it's going to be a lot of fun. Both of my parents went and loved it. I can't wait! I'm worried about leaving Lacey, but I think she will be fine. I think I'll be worse!!

I guess I'm going to go see if I can eat something without tearing my mouth to shreds!

No comments: