Exactly a month from today Nick and I will be getting married! And, as expected, I am now freaking out. I feel like the day is going to come and it's not all going to come together, or I'll forget something huge. The other night I had a dream that we were in the chapel (not the same one we are actually getting married in) and no one else but the preacher was there. I was running around like crazy trying to figure out what was wrong, until I saw a little calendar in my head that said July on it. Oh yea, duh, it's not August yet. But apparently Nick and I thought it was time. Oh, and all of this occurred after someone took over the world, stole all of Lacey's clothes from me, and then tried to sell them back to me. And no, I had nothing weird to eat/drink before bed!
Our house is turning into quite a home. Nick is frustrated because not everything is unpacked. But hey, I think we've made a lot of progress, especially since *I* am the one who has been doing it all! I'm not sure why he keeps saying 'We need to unpack.' I guess I should tell him this weekend that WE need to mow the yard!
We got to go to the beach last weekend, and it was heaven (for a day). My sister's boyfriend's parents own a huge construction company, therefore they have a ton of money, and own a few condos and a beach house. Said beach house had not been rented out, so they let us have it for free for the weekend! They offered for us to stay the whole week, but unfortunately that would mean we would return from a delightful beach house entirely jobless. So we declined, sadly. My sister and Emma went with us. Lacey had a blast! She could have sat and played in the sand for hours. She also loved the ocean, and the pool. She's getting so good at swimming! Thank the Lord, because she was standing on the side of the pool talking to Nick, and I ran and jumped in, and while Nick turned for a split second to watch me, the little stinker tried to imitate me and jumped in herself, with no floats on! I imagine for about 5 seconds she was kicking ferociously trying to keep her head above water, until her horrible parents realized what had happened. But you know, she's still alive, so we'll chalk it up to a lesson learned.
This week I've been working double shifts at work. One of the other secretaries that works days is out of town, and we need the money for our honeymoon. It would be nice not to have to delve into savings, and/or to have some of our paychecks left these next couple of months (paying 2 rents, having to pay deposit, wedding, etc). I'm about to die! This is my 3rd day of 15 hour shifts. I know I will make it, but man. I keep having to remind myself that there's a light at the end of this tunnel (or at least, a nice paycheck and a sunrise at the beach on our honeymoon). And of course it's been crazy this week. I guess that's not such a bad thing, because the time does pass much faster. This Saturday we are going to the lake for an all girls trip with my mom, sisters, Lacey, Emma, and Emma's grandmother. Hopefully it will be nice and relaxing!
Home time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment