Ahh! Time to freak out. Just kidding, mostly.
We get married in 16 days! Nick likes to remind me of the countdown every day, and laugh when I get my nervous look on. I mean come on, all you have to do is sit back and wait for the day to come. Me, I am the one planning it all! Oh, and forking out the cash, since he conveniently 'misplaced' his checkbook. Yeah, he'll get what's coming! I remind him of that too, everytime I look at my dwindling bank account, that soon, my dwindling account will be 'ours.' Ahh, bliss. :o)Which also makes me feel okay about it, because I know it will come out even in the end... who cares who pays for what? As long as he doesn't start 'last chance to have my own account' spending, which I highly doubt! I'm waiting to tell him that he will have an 'allowance' until after the blessed event.
But I have relaxed a bit, as we do have our preacher booked, finally. Phew. That was such a load off, I feel like I can (kinda) sit back and wait for the day to come too. I know everything will fall into place. And if it doesn't, everyone tells me you are moving so fast, you hardly remember the details about your wedding day anyways. And who knows, I might never notice that we had no food, or no decorations. I mean, my guests would... but it's my day, right? LOL
Nick's out of town in Nashville till Sunday. Eek! My first time in our big scary house all by myself. Even Lacey won't be here, since I work till 11 she is spending the night with his parents. I should have bathed the dogs today so they could be inside and keep me company. Oh well, I'll have to be brave!
This weekend is going to be another one chock full of events. When have you ever seen me relaxing on a weekend... I can tell you, not recently! I love to do stuff, but sometimes it's nice to stay home and veg! But since I work nights, and our families work days... we have to cram everything into 2 days. But that's okay. Saturday is my niece Emma's 2nd birthday at the zoo. It's going to be so fun! I can't believe she is 2! Then Lacey and I go straight from there, to a pool party at one of my coworkers houses, which also will be a blast. I can't wait to do something with my friends outside of work. THEN I go straight from there to my 'bachelorette' party (after dropping Lacey with his parents, of course). I put it in quotes because I do not want a real bachelorette party, complete with getting drunk and embarassed.
No, maybe back in the day... but some of us have to get up and go pick up a small child, early in the morning, who has no clue what a hangover is, and if she did, would yell louder to punish me for doing something so stupid. No, I would just like a semi-quiet night out with the girls. A few drinks, some talking, and music would be nice. There's a really nice dueling piano bar that I'd like to go to, as long as the cover isn't too bad. So we'll see!
Maybe Sunday will be a day of rest (or lawn mowing, if it finally quits raining). With a lawnmower that I borrow, from Nick's dad, that has a self-propulsion system that works! It will be like pushing a doll stroller through the yard compared to my experience last time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
had no idea you and Nick were getting married. Wow...how did I miss that??
Well anyway, good luck on the day!
Our day was very relaxed and enjoyable. Except when Tim crushed my new fake nail's in the sofa lounge while looking for his keys because he was late getting to his hair appointment!
So make sure you know where the keys are the night before ;)
Post a Comment