So I recently applied to 2 different places closer to home for a new job. One would be an internal transfer, and one would not be.
I got a call Friday to set up an interview for the internal job (in the health system I currently work for) and am meeting with the Nurse supervisor on Monday! Wish me luck! It would still be 3-11pm, but it would be a Unit Secretary position on a floor, instead of in the ER. I think it will be a little different, not seeing as much stuff, but maybe a less stressful and nice change of pace for a little while. Although I think I will always be an ER personality. I also believe that the new position is more hours, which will be REALLY nice on the paychecks. It's something about rotating days, I guess you work when they need you, but it is full time. I work 7on/7off right now, which is considered full time, but I think the new job is 40 hours a week which I desperately need. Silly me didn't ask, but I"ll interview anyways because even if it isn't, it's a good opportunity to get my name and resume out there if something better does turn up.
We'll see! Fingers crossed! I know God will give me the position I need, I just have to be patient! I'm definitely sad to soon be leaving all my friend's where I work now. I mean, Monday 2 of the nurses, me, and one of my clerk friends went to see a movie! I'm finally making friends to do things outside of the hospital and I have to leave. But I need somewhere closer to home, and hopefully we will all still stay in touch. I still want to be PRN at my old hospital, because I know they will need me. We are about to be short 3 clerks, if I leave it will be 4. And that's not good at all!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment