So now Lacey has begun to learn words to songs. Like, the real words and not just her usual made up gibberish! It is SO cute and funny to see which words she mixes up or replaces with words that sound alike. Most songs you have to sing first so she can remember, or coax her along, but she does pretty well! Twinkle twinkle (or tinkle tinkle) she loves to sing a lot, and will say "Mommy sing!!"
She can do some of her abc's. She does Aay Bee Chee Dee Eee Esh Gee, Aash Eye Day Kay Elm Minnow Pee. Then she skips some and does Tee You Bee. Then she skips the end and says Sing With ME!
Twinkle twinkle little star goes something like this: Tinkle tinkle yittle star, how wonder what oo are. Up bove world so high, ike diamond inna sky, tinkle tinkle yittle star, how wonder what oo are. Sometimes she leaves off the end if she's too lazy!
She does Jesus loves me: Jeesus yoves me dis I know, da Bible tells me sho, yittle ones himbe yong, dey are weak he is stwong. Yes, Jeesus yoves me. The end.
She's been huge on imitating so she will try to imitate you if you sing any songs. The only other one she knows when she hears it is that country song that goes "Oo oo oo oo oo, a woo oo oo oo oo, a woo oo oo oo oo, a woo oo. If she hears even a mention of that song she starts doing the "OOO" parts. It's so funny!
So in other news, I'm FINALLY out of my old apartment! Handed the keys over yesterday, and I'm so happy to not have to worry about moving stuff anymore. I had to move some more stuff yesterday morning which my mom and my sister helped with, then they kept Lacey while I primed her old room (since I had painted it) all by by myself. I never want to see another paintbrush again! The walls are textured so you can make like one roll and then have to get more paint. I am SO sore today! Especially doing the tops of the walls, since I'm so short, I had to climb up and down a stepstool like 50 times. Then I dropped a drip of paint in my left eye! I opened my eye in the bathroom and it was all white. I ran it under the faucet for about 5 minutes and it seemed fine, but I woke up this morning and it's red and swollen. Luckily I work tonight so I can ask about it!
I also had to clean everything, scrub the bathrooms (my least favorite thing to do) and the kitchen, under where the washer and dryer were (not fun), and sweep the porch. Since I haven't lived there in almost a month, and I was on the bottom floor, everytime they cut the grass the porch gets disgusting. I was having to stick my head back in the house to get some fresh air, it was that bad! The worst part besides the painting was taking out all the trash. I had a ton of boxes and stuff I had cleaned out of my pantry and fridge, and no car to put it in to drive it to the dumpster. I took 9 trips from my apartment to the dumpster. 5 miles uphill both ways! Not really, but it takes about 5 minutes to walk to the dumpster, 4 back because I wasn't carrying anything. So it took me more than an hour to walk back and forth carrying crap. I was so hot, sweaty, and tired after that! Luckily I saved it for last so I could pour myself in the car and drop off the keys, and go!
But, I'm done! And I have my interview for my new job on Monday, so hopefully all will go well and it will be enough hours that I need. Nick is in Gulf Shores at a coach's meeting (yeah right, beach meeting is more like it). So Lacey and I are resting and relaxing today. Probably go play on the playground since it's so nice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment