So I had my interview on Monday, which went really well. They told me I was what they are looking for and that HR would call me on Tuesday with an offer.
So I wait, and wait, and wait today. I figured ok, she was busy, she'll call me Wednesday. But at work, around 6:00pm, she called and offered me the job!!! And I accepted! Since it's in the same health system (transferring from St. Vincent's East to St. Vincent's Birmingham) and it's an equal transfer, everything stays the same. All of my benefits, everything I've paid into the system, and even all of my logon information for their computer programs carries over. I'm so excited! I don't have to go through orientation, I just start work on my floor. I'm going from ER to a medical floor. I'm sad about leaving my good friends, and I like working in the ER sometimes cause cool stuff comes in, but I am SO ready to not deal with patient registration and mean people that don't even pay. The nurse supervisor was super nice, so I'm happy about that. The new hospital also has child care if I wanted to switch to days eventually.
The schedule is M-F 3p-11p. I'm thrilled about that because currently I work 7 on 7 off. Which means I work 56 hours a pay period, and also get paid 8 hours vacation time. So I'll be going from about 64 hours to 80. Plus it's a LOT closer to home. I'm so happy, but sad to leave. Gotta do what's best though.
The next transfer date is Oct 19th, but since that would mean that this week would be my last week, and we are SOOOO short in the ER, I have a feeling my boss won't let me transfer until the next one on November 2nd. Which is fine, I'll have another week with my friends.
Praise the Lord!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment